[asterisk-users] More DTMF issues

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Mar 20 10:45:01 CDT 2008

Still grasping at straws trying to solve DTMF detection issues with one
of my asterisk servers.  This particular server is now running Asterisk
1.4.18.1 and Zaptel 1.4.9.2 in runlevel 3 (console only) with 2 X100P
cards.  I have tried adjusting channel gains, turning call progress and
relaxdtmf on and off, switching echo cancelers, just about everything
that Google turns up and I can't seem to solve the problem.

If I turn relaxDTMF off then most incoming calls from Cell Phones cannot
navigate our menu and I get doubled digits showing up in the log.  With
it enabled 99% of calls work correctly, but a few of the calls do not
show ANY dtmf digits being passed at all.  I have debug and verbose both
set to 20 and have several debugging NoOps set in the dial plan to add
some call-flow tracking to the log.  When someone calls in that has
problems with DTMF our main greeting plays all the way through and the
WaitExten times out and they are sent to our operator extension.  I'm
not 100% sure yet if this is relavant, but the majority of the people
experiencing this problem are calling in from locations that have their
own internal PBX systems.  Is there maybe a way to further relax the
DTMF detection?

Thanks,
Brent Davidson