[asterisk-users] hint status unavailable

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Thu Mar 20 09:51:34 CDT 2008

> > Perhaps in a similar thread, is it possible to somehow SET the state
> >  of a hint from the dialplan? Perhaps a bit like:
> >     Set(${ChanIsAvail(hint,234)}=Busy)
> >  or perhaps have a pseudo-device facility where you can add
> it to the
> >  end of the hint list to "hint-the-hint". Something like:
> >
> >  exten => 234,hint,SIP/myphone&PSEUDO/234
> >  exten => *78,1,ChanAvailIs(PSEUDO/234,Busy)
> >  exten => *791,ChanAvailIs(PSEUDO/234,Unknown)
> >
> >  This could be very useful for presence indication.
>
> Huh, this hint & hint would be useful for queues with local channel &
> state_interface too.. i think some general usage way could be added to
> allow combining of device states.
>
> Regards,
> Atis

Machinations with func_devstate is the droid you're looking for.
However, there is an issue with the current use of state_interface in
app_queue where it is required to have a '/' character in it (obviously
would for Channels, but custom device states are of the form
Custom:yourdevicestate).  I've worked around it, but I've been meaning
to file a bug report about it.

Anyway, have a look at that.  It is being used successfully by us (in
1.4, with Russell's backported func_devstate and custom changes to fix
the aforementioned issue).

Regards,
- Brad