[asterisk-users] Asterisk re-invites and billing

Jaswinder Singh vicky.r at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 04:46:46 CDT 2008

I am using asterisk 1.4.18 (server A ) and have it store records in
mysql database . One of my client uses predictive dialer ( asterisk
1.2.26 based and server B ) which makes many calls  . B registers with
A over sip and there is no nat involved  If i re-invite rtp from
server B  to my carrier ( server A in between )  I saw many calls
having duration of 0,1 or 2 seconds on server A's cdr but surprisingly
all these calls were marked at 15 minutes usage on my provider's
records . My sip route provider himself is re-inviting traffic ahead
to their media gateways . I have gone through asterisk sip.conf and i
don't see any setting limiting anything to around 15 minutes , default
rtp timeout settings are around 60 seconds in asterisk . My provider
says that they don't have any 15 minute limit on their end . The
records on server B also suggests that calls are indeed very small  1
to- 3 seconds . Server A and B both have static ip's and there is no
bandwith problem on server A . If i disable re invites on server A
then this problem isn't present . Did anybody else have this kind of
problem ? Any suggestions