[asterisk-users] Newbie Asterisk: Disaster Recovery Proof Asterisk

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Thu Mar 20 00:27:47 CDT 2008

 From a lot of experience - you are not being anywhere near paranoid
enough !!!!!!!!!!
Think dual RAID controllers, Dual power supplies off of, at a Minimum,
separate isolated circuits, with Hefty UPS that is in-line so it filters
the power,  think mirrored systems with a simple from switch from Black
Box that will throw the lines over to the working box. Think -hmmm, how
to keep v-mail between boxes in sync. Think remote console access to the
server below multi-user level
Think... is your azz is on the line for this install, I would give real
consideration about doing this until you hzve a better plan, more $$$ in
hand or a SLA  to the end user that is very very forgiving.
My 2 cents, worth all that you pad for it :)