[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk ready for Prime-Time?

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Wed Mar 19 16:13:15 CDT 2008

The box has been up since we upgraded the UPS, time before was for the
disk failure in Feb 2007.

Asterisk has now been up for 5 hours, 44 minutes (yes, by Murphy's Law,
I'm troubleshooting a problem but"restart when convenient" does not
impact real uptime) but yesterday it had been up for 63+ days (last
restart was for queue config changes)

This is stock code on stock OS on stock hardware. We don't tweak it,
poke at it, fiddle with it, update it unless necessary. We do OS and
Asterisk updates on planned maintenance days infrequently)

KISS and don't fsck with it!

regards,

Drew

--