[asterisk-users] capacity

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Mar 18 21:12:11 CDT 2008

I did basically the same thing via T1 on the Definity.  It took a bit
of tinkering on the Definity to get the coverage path right.

For your use, I would go for a RAID 5, dual power supply box with
quite a bit of storage.  RAM and CPU should not be an issue with
anything new.  I would go with a T1/E1 card with more than one port
just for future possible growth or options.  Echo cancellation is
probably not needed but if in the budget, it can never hurt (never say
never, seldomly or rarely I guess is more appropriate).  I would
probably go with an HP DL380.

The dialplan should be very simple.  It should actually be pretty fun project.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro