[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 reliability problems

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Mar 18 11:26:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
>  > Why not try a different OS such as CentOS for now?  That would be my next step.
>
>  I wouldn't suggest chasing distros is the way to solve issues, especially
>  if you're happy with the hardware.
>
>  Personally, I'd go back to Debian, but stick to stable (Etch) and then
>  compile and install a custom kernel tailored exactly to your hardware,
>  then compile and install your own asterisk from source.
>
>  But only because that's what I do, and it works for me ...
>
>  Gordon

Well personally, I would go to 1.2.x unless there was some feature in
1.4 that is absolutely needed but the OP said that was not a long term
option.  I have deployed ONE 1.4 system and that is because I had to,
no work arounds due to hardware (unless zaptel 1.4 plays nice with
Asterisk 1.2).

I will probably continue this train of thought (1.2.X is more
production ready) until these threads stop popping up on the list.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro