[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 reliability problems

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Mar 18 07:05:13 CDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Steve Totaro wrote:

> Why not try a different OS such as CentOS for now?  That would be my next step.

I wouldn't suggest chasing distros is the way to solve issues, especially
if you're happy with the hardware.

Personally, I'd go back to Debian, but stick to stable (Etch) and then
compile and install a custom kernel tailored exactly to your hardware,
then compile and install your own asterisk from source.

But only because that's what I do, and it works for me ...

Gordon