[asterisk-users] ztdummy problem causing playback () to fail

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Tue Mar 18 10:53:38 CDT 2008

On 3/18/08, Pete Kay <petedao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am having problem with my Asterisk installation and find out it
> has to do with ztdummy.
>
> if the ztdummy module is loaded, the asterisk playback() command
> will not play files. DTMF is still properly received. If the ztdummy
>
> module is unloaded, sound playback works again.
>
> Here is my version
> zaptel-1.4.9.2
> linux-source-2.6.18
> asterisk-1.4.18
>

> Can anyone tell me how to fix it? Or should I just have ztdummy removed
> forever and the system will work?
>

> I saw from manual that ztdummy is required.

ztdummy is required by meetme application. If you have no intention to
use it, you might very well remove.

I've seen this problem once, however recompiling everything and
restarting helped me. I would suggest you just doing "make clean" on
zaptel and asterisk, then compile first zaptel, then asterisk.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,