[asterisk-users] ztdummy problem causing playback () to fail

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:28:55 CDT 2008

Hi, I am having problem with my Asterisk installation and find out it
has to do with ztdummy.

if the ztdummy module is loaded, the asterisk playback() command
will not play files. DTMF is still properly received. If the ztdummy
module is unloaded, sound playback works again.

Here is my version
zaptel-1.4.9.2
linux-source-2.6.18
asterisk-1.4.18

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?  Or should I just have ztdummy
removed forever and the system will work?

I saw from manual that ztdummy is required.

Thanks,
Pete