[asterisk-users] asterisk.conf uniquename or sysname for uniqueid field in CDR

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 13:45:56 CDT 2008

I set uniquename = MYHOST in asterisk.conf (under
[options]) so that my uniqueid data shows up as
MYHOST.time.seq.

First of all, I would like to know if uniquename (or
sysname?) will still be valid across future * versions
(mainly 1.6).

Secondly, is there a way to specify uniquename as an
asterisk option at the command line? (asterisk -h
doesn't show me anything regarding this feature)

Finally, how can I set uniquename to a system value
(say, dynamically set to whatever `hostname` yields)?
Something like
uniquename = `hostname`
so that I don't have to statically set it on each
asterisk server?

Thanks!