[asterisk-users] php web chat + asterisk -> callcenter

Carlos Carvalhar ccarvalhar at globalnova.com.br
Mon Mar 17 12:50:10 CDT 2008

Hello,

How can I make a live chat (mainly text, but with voice/video chat if
possible) interacting with asterisk?

Can asterisk control simultaneously the queue between people calling by
phone and people by web chat?

At my work, there is a call center using asterisk to control the queue of
the clients (by phone) already. This part is ok.

But now I need to make a chat room at the website and someone of the call
center will need to answer that client.

So my doubt is how to implement a solution that identifies an operator who
is free and put him to talk by chat and then make him busy to phone calls.

After the web chat is finished, the operator turns automatically free again.

I'm planning to use php to set an asterisk variable telling the agent is
free or busy.

Can you tell me the asterisk apis involved with busy agents?

Eg.: how do I set one agent as busy? I can set it by php, don't I?

Is there any software like this one, Centriphone Millennium, for free?

 <http://www.vocalcom.com/asterisk.html>
http://www.vocalcom.com/asterisk.html

Is there any free solution?

Where can I find information about how to settle asterisk variables (to get
and to set) with php programming?

I need to make a php page that settles a property of asterisk in runtime.

Is it possible? How do I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos