[asterisk-users] How to find out the IP of the calling party?

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:44:32 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I dont know about IAX, but for SIP users you can use the function
> SIP_HEADER(headername) to get the information u need from the sip packets.
> for example you can use SIP_HEADER(From) which will give you the From header
> containing the IP address of the caller. You will have to apply regex on it
> to extract the ip.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for replying. I did look at SIP_HEADER and it could work,
however, I was hoping for something I could use for both SIP and IAX. I
think I might have to go with the solution I didn't really like (use 2
accounts for each user with different contexts and permit/deny lines). I
thought there must be a way to do it using AGI but it doesn't look like it.

Regards,
Gonzalo