[asterisk-users] How to find out the IP of the calling party?

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:01:23 CDT 2008

I dont know about IAX, but for SIP users you can use the function
SIP_HEADER(headername) to get the information u need from the sip packets.
for example you can use SIP_HEADER(From) which will give you the From header
containing the IP address of the caller. You will have to apply regex on it
to extract the ip.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Gonzalo Servat <gservat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to achieve the following:
>
> - If <sip/iax user> logs in from home, they can dial internal extensions
> only (this is to avoid employees going wild on local/mobile calls from home)
> - If <sip/iax user> logs in from the office, they can call anyone they
> want.
>
> Since I have my users defined in an LDAP tree, I'd like to stick to
> one-account-per-user (each account is setup for both - IAX and SIP logins -
> to allow the employee to use IAX from home and SIP at work, or whatever
> combination they prefer).
>
> So, I thought I would simply look at the IP address of the originating
> call. If the SIP/IAX user has an IP address outside the local subnet ->
> allow calls to extensions only. Else -> allow all. I thought the best way of
> doing this would be using AGI with a Perl script. The only problem I'm
> having is determining the IP address of the originating call. I can't find
> any channel variable that gives me this info.
>
> The reason why I mentioned that I'd like to stick to one-account-per-user
> is that I know I could fix this simply by having 2 accounts per user (one
> that allows connections from the local subnet, and the other to login from
> outside and use different contexts for each), but it'd be much nicer to
> avoid having 2 accounts per user.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions on how to achieve the above, I'd love to
> read them!
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Gonzalo

Best Regards