[asterisk-users] dialstatus and cancelled calls

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 06:27:31 CDT 2008

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+DIALSTATUS
> when a caller hangs up before the callee has time to
> pick  the phone up then DIALSTATUS should be CANCEL.
>
> And it is.
>
> However, the disposition field in the CDR table is
> "NO
> ANSWER".
>
> So if I analyze the CDR data I won't be able to
> discriminate calls cancelled by the caller and calls
> not answered by the callee (timeout).
>
> I get the same disposition value whether I use
> cdr-csv
> or MySQL via asterisk-addons.
> I'm using * 1.2.26.2.
>
> How can I get the DIALSTATUS value to the
> disposition
> field?
> Would I have to do it manually in my dialplan via
> Set(CDR(disposition))?

I took a quick look at the 1.2 cdr source code and it
seems that there's no CANCEL state (or similar). So
there's no way of discriminating in the CDR data if a
call was aborted by the caller or it timed out on the
callee side. In both cases the disposition is "NO
ANSWER".

Am I overlooking something?