[asterisk-users] dialstatus and cancelled calls

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 06:12:40 CDT 2008

According to
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+DIALSTATUS
when a caller hangs up before the callee has time to
pick  the phone up then DIALSTATUS should be CANCEL.

And it is.

However, the disposition field in the CDR table is "NO
ANSWER".

So if I analyze the CDR data I won't be able to
discriminate calls cancelled by the caller and calls
not answered by the callee (timeout).

I get the same disposition value whether I use cdr-csv
or MySQL via asterisk-addons.
I'm using * 1.2.26.2.

How can I get the DIALSTATUS value to the disposition
field?
Would I have to do it manually in my dialplan via
Set(CDR(disposition))?