[asterisk-users] Central Asterisk with remote 'trunking' asterisk gateways

Faraz Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Tue Mar 11 06:19:39 CDT 2008

Dear all,
Wanted some help on a solution we wish to deploy. There is a central
Asterisk server which is connected by some 30+ remote sites. Each site
has a substantial number of users within them (200-300). What I wish
to do is save on bandwidth by trunking connections between those sites
and the main site. I can use a flash based solid state device for this
purpose (Xorcom or ASterisk appliance).

However, I do NOT wish to create user accounts on the remote devices
(for central management). I want the phones to authenticate/register
to the central server but use the appliance as a 'proxy' so that all
calls are sent through it only (and IAX2 trunked, obviously). Is this
somehow possible or do I HAVE to register my phones to the local
appliance?

--
Faraz R Khan
Chief Architect