[asterisk-users] display time on Cisco 79xx

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Mon Mar 10 14:39:23 CDT 2008

Chris Carey wrote:
> They get the time from their NTP server
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Don Smith <Don_Smith at catalystrms.com> wrote:
>
>> I am running Asterisk 1.4.5 on a debian Linux server.  Saturday night/Sunday
>> Morning Daylight Savings time occurred.  The server shows Mon Mar 10
>> 10:59:42 PDT 2008 when I do a date command, but the Cisco 7940 and 7960 show
>> 09:59 10/03/08.  How do I update the time display on the telephones please?

Edit your SIPDefault.cnf file on your tftp server and do something like
this:

time_zone: EST                  ; Time Zone Phone is in
dst_offset: 1                   ; Offset from Phone's time when DST is
in effect
dst_start_month: March          ; Month in which DST starts
dst_start_day: ""               ; Day of month in which DST starts
dst_start_day_of_week: Sun      ; Day of week in which DST starts
dst_start_week_of_month: 2      ; Week of month in which DST starts
dst_start_time: 02              ; Time of day in which DST starts
dst_stop_month: Nov             ; Month in which DST stops
dst_stop_day: ""                ; Day of month in which DST stops
dst_stop_day_of_week: Sunday    ; Day of week in which DST stops
dst_stop_week_of_month: 1       ; Week of month in which DST stops
8=last week of month
dst_stop_time: 2                ; Time of day in which DST stops
dst_auto_adjust: 1              ; Enable(1-Default)/Disable(0) DST
automatic adjustment

--
Mark Johnson
http://www.astroshapes.com/information-technology/blog/