[asterisk-users] display time on Cisco 79xx

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Mar 10 13:41:14 CDT 2008

They get UTC/GMT from the NTP server.  It is up to the firmware on the
phone to convert that date/time into the local time.  No, it is not up
to Asterisk, it is up to the phone firmware.

Chris Carey wrote:
> They get the time from their NTP server
>
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Don Smith <Don_Smith at catalystrms.com> wrote:
>
>> I am running Asterisk 1.4.5 on a debian Linux server.  Saturday night/Sunday
>> Morning Daylight Savings time occurred.  The server shows Mon Mar 10
>> 10:59:42 PDT 2008 when I do a date command, but the Cisco 7940 and 7960 show
>> 09:59 10/03/08.  How do I update the time display on the telephones please?

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.