[asterisk-users] NIN Ghosts music (free download) safe for MOH?

Horwich IT Services (Godwin Stewart) g.stewart at horwits.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 03:57:43 CDT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:17:16 +0100, Dave Cotton
<dcotton at linuxautrement.com> wrote:

> > Ok now I am curious, if a radio is playing in a store, a restaurant or
> > at the beach, wouldn't that be considered a public performance?
>
>  From a conversation with a hairdresser who fell foul of this the answer
> is in France you do have to pay.

Confirmed.

I lived there from 1983 until a few months ago and I know for a fact that
bars have to have special TV licenses in order to show, for example, soccer
matches and other sporting events, and a radio license in order to
broadcast the radio to clients, many of whom are too p*ssed to realize what
they're listening to or watching anyway :)

--
Godwin Stewart - Horwich IT services