[asterisk-users] replace astdb with a cluster-capable sql database engine

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Mar 9 12:42:56 CDT 2008

On Sunday 09 March 2008 12:26:55 Vieri wrote:
> --- Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:
> > Or there's odbc module that creates permanent
> > connection, and allows
> > you to declare SQL functions with replacable
> > variables, but personally
> > i don't like having additional layer. For this you
> > can search
> > mailinglist, it's been described numerous times.
>
> So if I use func_odbc (there's an official backport
> for 1.2) I won't run into the "db handle leaks" as
> there's a permanent connection?

I wouldn't say it's official; it's simply a version previously maintained
by me, the author of the module.  It's quickly moving towards unmaintained
status (I haven't touched it in 6 months, and I may never again).  Also note
that there are some features in the 1.2 backport which are not in the 1.4
tree; it's a backport from trunk.  However, there is likewise a backport of
the trunk features for 1.4.

You should never run into database handle leaks with func_odbc, no.  The
connections are handled transparently and released when necessary.

--
Tilghman