[asterisk-users] replace astdb with a cluster-capable sql database engine

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 12:26:55 CDT 2008

--- Atis Lezdins <atis at iq-labs.net> wrote:

> For your own custom data you can use Realtime engine
> - it has INSERT
> and DELETE support in 1.6, and it's easily
> backportable to 1.4 (if
> you're interested i can give you working patches).
> All you have to do
> is declare realtime class in extconfig.conf, and
> then use
> Set(REALTIME(....)=...).

Interesting but I'm not ready for 1.6 and I don't know
if I want to patch 1.4 yet.
Apart from INSERT and DELETE I guess it can also
UPDATE/REPLACE.
Will keep that in mind when I finally upgrade from
1.2.

> Also there's a mysql command in asterisk-addons, but
> you have keep
> track of connections - connect and disconnect in
> dialplan.

Right.

> Or there's odbc module that creates permanent
> connection, and allows
> you to declare SQL functions with replacable
> variables, but personally
> i don't like having additional layer. For this you
> can search
> mailinglist, it's been described numerous times.

So if I use func_odbc (there's an official backport
for 1.2) I won't run into the "db handle leaks" as
there's a permanent connection?

Thanks