[asterisk-users] PRI suppliers in Switzerland

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sat Mar 8 18:21:58 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 23:24 +0100, Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:
> I had same problem in france, not much choice, i have ordered from
> germany http://www.voipango.de
>
> This is not an advertisement i am not working for them.
>
> Are you sure about PRI ? in europe it's bri as i heard, PRI is in
> usa??

No, it's also called PRI (or ISDN30), but its a different one...
USA-pri is T1, 1,5 Mbps 23 * 64kbps channels + one 64 kbps D-channel.

In Europe pri is E1, 2,048 Mbps
made up of 32 * 64 kbps but two of those channels are not used for
voice.
One is used for signalling (also known as D-channel) and the other (used
to be needed) for synchronisation.

BRI is the isdn variant for home use: 144 kbps. Two 64kbps voice
channels and a much smaller D-channel (16kbps) for signalling.

hw