[asterisk-users] FXS channel banks

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Mar 6 17:50:43 CST 2008

>> I've been asked to provide a system for 200 extensions, most of which will
>> be existing analogue POTS handsets, not IP handsets. I've not really had
>> any experience with large channel banks in the past (since most of our
>> deployments are strictly IP-only to the desk), so I'm at a loss as to
>> which ones are worth looking at.

I know I've missed the original message in this thread, so it'll be a bit
out of place, but what about the Xorcom Channel banks?

e.g.:

   http://www.voipon.co.uk/xorcom-astribank32-32-fxs-channel-bank-p-530.html

Trouble is, you'll need 7 32-port units to cover your needs and I'm not
sure if USB2 is up to driving that many ... Tzafrir?

However, even with E1 units, you're still looking at 7 E1 ports... (2 quad
cards + the external channel bank)

Gordon