[asterisk-users] Problem between Asterisk and an Aastra 57i

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Thu Mar 6 01:01:49 CST 2008

Gleim, Jason wrote:

 >If there is a specific reason to have different extensions appear on
 >different buttons, use the Line configuration for each button. However,
 >if the phone is only handling a single extension, put the settings in
 >the Global SIP section. In that section (or in the Line X sections) the
 >only things you need are:
 >- Screen name: What will show on the phone when it is idle
 >- Authentication Name: This is what you have setup in Asterisk as the
 >extension. Usually this is the numeric extension number.
 >- Password: The secret for this extension in Asterisk
 >- Proxy server: Asterisk's IP address
 >- Proxy Port: 5060
 >- Registrar Server: Asterisk's IP
 >- Registrar Port: 5060

I set these values after I resettet the phone - no change in behaviour.

 >You can obviously change the IP if you don't want to use DHCP... I
 >assume you can handle that

That's what I thought, too!
I disabled DHCP, entered a free IP address, restarted the phone and it
still has the IP address that it has received from the DHCP Server!

The phone seems to store the settings (fixed IP, registrar, proxy), but
it doesn't use this settings.

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther