[asterisk-users] Polycom IP600 + PC share same switch portwithVLAN

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed Mar 5 23:20:54 CST 2008

> Without portfast, you're looking at about 30
> seconds for STP to negotiate whenever the port bounces, during which
> time higher layer protocols are unavailable. This may interfere with
> CDP and DHCP, if you're using those.
I am using DHCP and I could briefly recall my PC "hanging" for a short
while when I had to disconnect the cable from the polycom phone port.

I blamed the "hanging" on the disconnection but as it took slightly
longer than I thought for the IP renew, it could be due to the reason
that you said.
Anyway, I am happy to give it a go.
Thanks James.