[asterisk-users] Clustering Meetme over multiple boxes?

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:52:28 CST 2008

Hello,

I have actually done this both ways, with many small conferences and
few large conferences.

The best example of both is the "voice_lab" feature that is included
with VICIDIAL(although not very well documented). What this feature
does is it has students log into individual meetme rooms and then have
an instructor dial into their own meetme room. When the students are
all logged in and the instructor is ready the instructor clicks a
button to initiate calls from all of the student meetme rooms to the
instructor meetme room where they are in listen-only mode and the
instructor speaks english phrases which the students then repeat in
their own conference.

The reason this is set up this way is to allow for supervisor
monitoring of individual students as well as recording of each student
individually as they hear and repeat the phrases.

This application is in use in telemarketing schools in the Philippines
to help students learn to better speak American English.

I have tested this to 120 channels going into the instructor meetme
room across 6 servers.

Hope that helps,

MATT---