[asterisk-users] Switchvox feedback

Bruce Reeves nortexnetworks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:17:38 CST 2008

Having recently worked with the latest version here are my thoughts.

1-3 The only out of the box method to configure and manage switchvox
is the GUI. They are using realtime but manually configuring the
system is not available by default. SSH access is not available by
default and the root account information is not known unless you set
it like Steve mentioned.
4 The interface is great for what Switchvox designed it to do.

In my opinion this is a small office product. Administering the system
is easy, initial configuration is not. There are several great things
about it, the problem comes in when you expect it to do everything
Asterisk can do. It has a feature set and a lot of limits in
comparison to   running Asterisk. Before selling it to a customer I
would urge you to download the free version and configure it, I ran
into several things the customer ask for that are easy to do in
Asterisk dial plan and even in sip.conf settings that could not be
done.

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:35 PM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a customer that wants to get switchvox, since I have never used
>  it, I would like to hear some feedback from active users of switchvox.
>  In specific:
>  1. Does it use realtime or conf files
>  2. Is it possible to change it manually?
>  3. Is SSH access to login to console/shell available?
>  4. Are you or your customers happy with the user interface?
>
>  TIA

Bruce Reeves
Nortex Networks