[asterisk-users] Page app, Polycom IP 601, 60 SIP peers, Interesting Issue WORKING NOW

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Mon Mar 3 11:28:00 CST 2008

> That's almost certainly your problem.  When you run sidecars with the
> Polycom 601, you can't rely on PoE - there isn't enough power supplied.
> Connect your powerpack to the phone and the problem should go away.
>
> Semi random reboots are not uncommon on the 601 with sidecars if you're
running it on PoE.

Well, I wish it were that easy.  Really, I do!!!

I put a 601 power supply on Friday afternoon.  Have have had 2 reboots
already
this morning during pages.

The 601 simply can't handle the traffic of 23 simultaneous "Buddy Watch"
updates.  If a call comes in during a page.  It will crash every time.

We're getting a 650 in to see if that will fix the problem (as it did for
others)

Thanks

Bill