[asterisk-users] Page app, Polycom IP 601, 60 SIP peers, Interesting Issue WORKING NOW

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 1 16:39:34 CST 2008

>> The 601 is powered by PoE with 2 sidecars, so Polycom wants us to put
>> an actual Power Supply on the phone - thinking the voltage is dropping
>> and causing the reboot.  I don't buy that, but we are putting one on
>> next Monday.  We'll see.

That's almost certainly your problem.  When you run sidecars with the
Polycom 601, you can't rely on PoE - there isn't enough power supplied.
Connect your powerpack to the phone and the problem /should/ go away.

Semi random reboots are not uncommon on the 601 with sidecars if you're
running it on PoE.