[asterisk-users] Cisco 79xx users/consultants, 7970G color in particular share information (was: Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 44, Issue 3)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Sun Mar 2 08:42:10 CST 2008

	The documentation of how to use the 79xx series' phones and features
with Asterisk is really hard to find and put together. The higher end
phones like 7970 are more like converged PC+phone, a thin client to
telephony and network apps. But it's really hard to target it as a
development and deployment platform because the docs and techniques are
so obscure.

	There seems to be a fair amount of experts in this asterisk-users list.
And there is a fair amount of info in lots of different voip-info wiki
pages (and elsewhere, including the Cisco website labyrinth). If people
in this discussion could update the wiki pages with current and more
complete info, others (like me, with less info to contribute but willing
to edit for usability) could revise the wiki pages to be more accessible
and less redundant/isolated. Announcing wiki revisions on this -users
list also makes them easier to find, especially since it gives Google
two pages to find.

The wiki pages (there are more which at least mention some detail
relevant to a 79xx phone; please link them together if you add info to a
different one):

Cisco
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco

Cisco phones
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Cisco+Phones

Cisco Phones Table
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+Phones+Table

Cisco Phone Headsets
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+Phone+Headsets

Asterisk phones
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20phones

cisco 79xx
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=cisco+79xx

Asterisk phone cisco 79xx
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx

Covad Voip phone Cisco 79xx
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Covad+Voip+phone+cisco+79xx

Configuring Cisco 12SP phones with Asterisk
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Configuring+Cisco+12SP+phones+with
+Asterisk

Cisco 7905/7912 IP Phones
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7905%252F7912+IP+Phones

Cisco 7940 7960 Single Step Upgrade
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Cisco+7940+7960+Single+Step
+Upgrade

Cisco 7940 7960 upgrade to version 7.x
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940-7960+upgrade+to+version
+7.x

Firmware issues on 7940 - 7960
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Firmware+issues+on+7940
+-+7960

Setup SiP on 7940 - 7960
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Setup+SiP+on+7940+-+7960

Asterisk phone cisco 7970 SIP
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+cisco+7970
+SIP&view_comment_id=11255

Asterisk phone cisco 7970 SIP
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+cisco+7970+SIP

Cisco 7940-60 disassembly
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940-60+disassembly

SCCP
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SCCP

SCCP HOWTO2
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=SCCP-HOWTO2

Asterisk SCCP channels
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+SCCP+channels

chan sccp2
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/chan_sccp2

Asterisk Skinny channels
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/edit.php?page=Asterisk+Skinny+channels

Asterisk Cisco 79XX XML Services
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cisco+79XX+XML+Services

Cisco 79XX XML Push
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+79XX+XML+Push

Asterisk phone cisco 79x1 xml configuration files for SIP
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+cisco+79x1+xml
+configuration+files+for+SIP

Cisco 7940-7960 auto-answer config
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940-7960+auto-answer+config

Cisco 7940-7960 Daylight Savings
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+7940-7960+Daylight+Savings

Asterisk Linksys NSLU2
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Linksys+NSLU2

Asterisk Manager AM-WEB
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Script+to+page+mixed+SIP+%252F+SCCP
+system

Script to page mixed SIP / SCCP system
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Script+to+page+mixed+SIP+%252F+SCCP
+system

QoS Cisco - voip-info.org
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/QoS+Cisco

Standalone Cisco 7941/7961 without a local PBX
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Standalone+Cisco+7941%252F7961
+without+a+local+PBX

Asterisk Cisco CallManager Express Integration - voip-info.org
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Cisco+CallManager+Express
+Integration

Exposing the Cisco Call Manager License Scam
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Exposing+the+Cisco+Call+Manager
+License+Scam

Cisco POE
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Cisco+POE