[asterisk-users] Voicemail- Recorded Mesage Low Volume

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 30 13:55:50 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:32:58AM -0700, Steve Edwards wrote:

> > To do anything useful you would have to get sox installed on your
> > server.
>
> If you are using RedHat or CentOS, installing sox should be as simple as:
>
>  	sudo yum install sox
>
> Other distros have similar commands.

One gotcha with Debian Lenny:

libsox-dev - Development files for the SoX library
libsox-fmt-all - All SoX format libraries
libsox-fmt-alsa - SoX alsa format I/O library
libsox-fmt-ao - SoX Libao format I/O library
libsox-fmt-base - Minimal set of SoX format libraries
libsox-fmt-ffmpeg - SoX ffmpeg format library
libsox-fmt-flac - SoX FLAC format library
libsox-fmt-gsm - SoX GSM format library
libsox-fmt-mp3 - SoX MP3 format library
libsox-fmt-ogg - SoX OGG Vorbis format library
libsox-fmt-oss - SoX OSS format I/O library
libsox-fmt-sndfile - SoX libsndfile format library
libsox0 - SoX library
sox - Swiss army knife of sound processing

Installing "sox" does not automatically install support for all the
formats. To install support for all the output formats, install
libsox-fmt-all as well, or just the specific libsox-fmt packages you
need.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com