[asterisk-users] Asterisk, POTS and plain handsets

Steve astuser at braingia.org
Fri Jun 27 15:59:34 CDT 2008

Upon further digging, this is seems almost certainly related to the card
and kernel module being used for the card.  I loaded up the old TDM22B
card and I'm no longer having the issue.  I even took one of the FXO
(red) modules from the new card and put it into the old card and it
still works.

When the new card loads it uses kernel module wctdm24xxp for its kernel
module whereas the old card used wctdm for its module.  So there must be
some flaw in the wctdm24xxp module -- or some flaw in wctdm was
fixed but it was really a _feature_ to me.  :)

I'm wondering if this isn't worth a bug report though -- or maybe
there's something wrong with the new card?

Steve