[asterisk-users] Asterisk, POTS and plain handsets

Steve astuser at braingia.org
Fri Jun 27 12:27:05 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:25:04AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> I tried the same thing about six or seven years ago.  It isn't going
> to work (or at least not that I am aware of).  How many lines are you
> talking about.  If it is just a few, you could look at ATAs (they are
> relatively cheap), a card with FXS ports, or SIP phone.

That's weird.  This _was_ a working setup until a few weeks ago when an
FXO port on an existing TDM422B stopped working.  I ordered a new card,
a TDM402B; I don't need the FXS ports since nothing was hooked into them
anyway.  With the new card the previously working setup no longer works.

The new card seems to be a newer revision.  The physical layout of the
modules is different on the card itself and I believe it uses a
different kernel module, wctdm24xxp now.

Is it possible that the new card is more sensitive and less configurable
and can't be adjusted to work like the old card?  Or is it possible that
both modules on the new card are faulty?

Steve