[asterisk-users] Cepstral ... Swift... weird result

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 17:52:54 CDT 2008

Asterisk 1.2, and Cepstral 5, Allison voice.

I execute:
swift "Please enter your pin." -o please-enter-your-pin.ulaw -p audio/channels=1,audio/encoding=ulaw,audio/sampling-rate=8000

then copy it up to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds, and Play() the file.
The sound file seems corrupted. All I hear is 'please' or 'please' followed by the rest of the sentence said so fast I almost can't hear it. I've tried other various of the -p option to swift, same results. Also tried generating a wav file and converting to ulaw with sox, same result. I did this once before and it worked. What am I doing wrong?

Doug.