[asterisk-users] Lockups with IAX2 and cdr_odbc in 1.4.21 is it my weird config ?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Jun 24 08:49:19 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 07:46:33 Tim Panton wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2008, at 13:27, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 June 2008 06:44:21 Tim Panton wrote:
> >> Is anyone using 1.4.21 with cdr_odbc and IAX channels successfully?
> >>
> >> I'm getting lockups where asterisk stops responding (to anything).
> >>
> >> Foolishly I've built a box with 2 new things on it,  1.4.21 and
> >> Oracle
> >> as
> >> the odbc server.
> >>
> >> If others are running it fine against MySql or postgres , I'll focus
> >> on the oracle side.
> >> I was just wondering if it was a side effect of the new IAX threading
> >> in 1.4.21.
> >
> > I'm not aware of anything that would cause conflicts between the
> > threading
> > in IAX and the locking in cdr_odbc.  However, if you're getting a
> > lockup, try
> > recompiling with DONT_OPTIMIZE and DEBUG_THREADS, then get the output
> > of 'core show locks' when the problem occurs and open an issue on
> > http://bugs.digium.com with that output uploaded as a file.
>
> A bit more experimentation and I've learnt the following:
> 	1) it isn't present in 1.4.4
> 	2) it still happens in 1.4.21 if I disable cdr_odbc - but less often.
> 	3) it freezes the CLI - so I don't think 'core show locks' will work.

There are very few things that can actually freeze the CLI.  I suspect what is
more likely is that the last command executed on the CLI depends upon a lock
that it cannot get, and since the CLI runs commands synchronously, it would
appear that everything is locked up.

You should still be able to get a 'core show locks' by doing:
asterisk -rx 'core show locks'
as that will ensure that no other commands are run before this on that
particular remote console.

--
Tilghman