[asterisk-users] Telco MWI with Asterisk 1.6-beta9

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Sun Jun 22 11:38:09 CDT 2008

I've been trying to get Telco MWI to work with asterisk 1.6.  I'm
currently using the beta9 version.  I haven't been able to get this new
feature working on any 1.6 beta release version.

I've turned on the full asterisk debug:

logger.conf:
full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

The only MWI related debug information I get is:
Jun 20 16:56:22] DEBUG[1917] chan_zap.c: Maybe some MWI on port 4!

I get these message sporadically, whether or not there is an actually
MWI voice mail message waiting.

My Telco service is Verizon FIOS.  I know that MWI is working, because
if I pick up an analog phone set attached to the line, I can hear the
stutter tone.

Can anyone explain what might be going wrong?

My zapata.conf has these relevant entries:

; PSTN connected here
;immediate=no
;busydetect=yes
;busycount=8
;musiconhold=default
mailbox=100
mwimonitor=fsk
mwilevel=512
mwimonitornotify=/usr/local/sbin/zapnotify.sh
faxdetect=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming
channel => 4

For mwimonitor, I've tried different values of "y", "yes", "fsk",
"neon".  None of them have any different results.

I've tried lower values for mwilevel too, nothing seems to work.

Is there additional debugging I can turn on in the chan_zap.c source code?

Thanks,

Jim