[asterisk-users] Trouble with PRI config

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jun 19 17:41:06 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Steve Edwards
<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Eve-Ellen Cole wrote:
>
>> Right again, getting a little closer (babysteps) ... no alarms on either
>> system, but when I check the pri status in the CLI, I get PRI span 2/0:
>> Provisioned, Down, Active.  I've searched for clues, but am not coming up
>> with the next step.
>
> It's not my area of expertise, but I have "issues" with T1 numbering
> between vendors -- what they said was 1, 2, 3, 4 turned out to be 4,
> 3, 2, 1.
>
> You might try swapping the T1s and see what happens.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve Edwards      sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
> Newline                                             Fax: +1-760-731-3000

I have actually done this with a Definity G3 but the cards were not
PRI, I had to use E&M_W.

This doesn't make sense to me though.
Primary d-channel set to 01C14

I memory servers me correctly (and it has been a couple years) the 01
means cabinet 1, C is the slot, and 14 is the port number.  I would
expect it to say 01C24 for the D chan.  I could be completely wrong
but it is something to try and would explain why your PRI chans are
not coming up.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro