[asterisk-users] World Cheapest Predictive Dialer!

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 16:39:34 CDT 2008

If it shows up as the BTN on the CDRs then technically you should be
billed at the highest possible tariff. Whether your provider will do
that or not depends what they are charged. In general the provider/s
shouldn't use CID as the BTN and therefore you shouldn't be over or
under charged. Even in cases where the CID is actually passed along as
the BTN, the provider should still keep track of you by circuit ID
rather than CID, however when they have to pay their tariffs I am
assuming they will be charged based on BTN which they based on CID
that you set, which will in turn make them lose money IF they are
charged at highest possible tariff.

In conclusion, I don't know what you are charged because I haven't
seen your bills. I don't know if the providers actually have the
capabilities to do BTN different than CID (I am assuming they could),
and if they do have the capablity they should actually make sure that
the BTN is always set to what it is and not CID. If they don't they
should pass on any high tariffs resulting from that to you.