[asterisk-users] need ata suggestion

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Jun 17 05:32:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, randulo wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Gordon Henderson
> <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
>> But maybe an AVM Fritz! box will work for you too...
>
> Would anyone care to recommend a good quality, stable ATA these days
> for just a single cordless phone connected to one SIP provider. Sipura
> used to be well thought-of. Are they still the best?

This might depends on your country (re. availability), but I've had a lot
of good results with the Siemens DECT range... (eg. S450IP) The
base-station has a built in ATA, so 2 sockets, one PSTN, one Ethernet...

Although if you already have a DECT phone, then who knows - I've used
Grandstreams and they're OK, bu seem a bit "laggy" on answering - ie.
pickup, then nothing for a second...

Gordon