[asterisk-users] asterisk calls per second

Edgar Guadamuz eguadamuz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:43:17 CDT 2008

Well, as I said, you can tell Asterisk to accept until 10 SIP calls,
for example, at ANY TIME (I don't understand why per second, I mean,
if the 10 calls are established in the same second, they are acepted,
and so they are if they are established in the same milisecond, while
the max concurrent calls is below the limit of 10).

You can do something like this in your dialplan (assuming extensions like _3XX)

exten=>_3XX,1,Set(GROUP()=sip-calls)
exten=>_3XX,2,Set(GROUPCOUNT=${GROUP_COUNT(sip-calls)})
exten=>_3XX,3,GotoIf($[${GROUPCOUNT} > ${MAX_CALLS}]?120)
exten=>_3XX,4,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
exten=>_3XX,5,Playback(unavailable)
exten=>_3XX.,6,Hangup
exten=>_3XX,120,Playback(try-later)
exten=>_3XX,121,Hangup

where ${MAX_CALLS} is a variable defined by you that is the limit of
calls to be accepted