[asterisk-users] IAX2 phones, BRI and Analogue cards

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Wed Jun 11 10:30:55 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've been asked to spec up a small Asterisk system, which needs to:
 - Connect to ISDN2e  (I'm thinking of using a B100P card here)
 - Connect to the POTS (A400P with 1 FXO)
 - Allow remote phones (thinking of an ETC 6050 utilising IAX2)

It is a requirement that the POTS analogue card picks up CLI information -
and I'm in the UK which, historically, has lousy CLI support.... certainly,
my AX100P doesn't do it... does anyone have any good news about the A400P,
or do I need to be hunting down a genuine Digium card?

I'm further assuming that an IAX2 phone will work far more reliably through
firewalls & non-static IP addresses (Asterisk box will be on a static IP,
remote/roaming "office" may not be) than a SIP phone, based on my
experiences of getting IAX2 between Asterisks to work.

So -- am I on the right lines with the hardware I've specced above, or
should I be looking at alternatives?

Cheers,
Ade.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.