[asterisk-users] SIP call, updated with CID as it becomes available

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 11 10:07:43 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 15:57 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Intersting idea... However, I live in a country where on a regular
> landline with caller ID, the caller ID is displayed before the phone
> rings, so make sure it's an option and not hard-wired...

Well, I think your situation makes the issue moot as the (SIP) message
which initiates the ring of your (SIP) phone will already have the CID
in it.

The issue is being able to answer a ringing zap line and immediately
progress through the dialplan so that a corresponding Dial() can be
executed, but *somehow* updating the (SIP) transaction to the Dial()ed
phone(s) that are already ringing to add the CID.

b.