[asterisk-users] Interoffice phone setup

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Jun 10 14:08:47 CDT 2008

>Asterisk gets very upset if it can't lookup the host name associated
>with every IP on the system, normally it would use DNS to do this, but
>since your Internet connection was down it could not do that.

So to clarify, it not only needs to resolve FQDN's, but do reverse lookups
on ip's as well? I am not sure I noticed this, as the external dns provider
it was using would have no reverse lookup zones for the internal clients?

On an additional note, I have not been able to get onsite yet, but the ISP repaired
the physical link and the system started working but the inbound sip provider rang
busy until I ssh'ed in and did a reload from the asterisk console? I thought the
system would re register any connections define with a "register =>" every {n} seconds
on its own? Is there something I can do to force what a reload did automatically so if the link disappears it repairs itself on its own?

Thanks!
jlc