[asterisk-users] g729 open source codec and sample size

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Tue Jun 10 14:10:26 CDT 2008

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

> I don't understand why people won't pay $10/channel for a fully
> licensed, legal, and Asterisk supported G729 codec.

I wish I could use $10/channel G729 codec from Digium, however, I've
been trying to get that codec working on Solaris since v32 of that
codec. The codec fails to load no matter what I do, and troubleshooting
information from Digium (and the lists) is severly lacking. I do
understand that it is unsupported, however, I wonder if the people who
build the codec have successfully loaded the module within asterisk on
Solaris themselves. If I can get this working we would be buying the
digium codes without any questions at all.

Just my 0.02c