[asterisk-users] Long call setup with non-PRI T1

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 9 15:33:05 CDT 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Eldon Koyle wrote:

> We have 2 T1's coming from our phone switch to a digium TE220B.  We have
> managed to get CPN and the extension outpulsed from the switch, but call
> setups are really slow.
>
> Our T1's are set up as E&M Wink, and they send us the last 5 digits
> dialed followed by the 10 digit calling party number (we couldn't get
> the switch to be happy with *CPN*+5* to use featd).

I had always used PRI's, and then a customer hit me with an E&M.

In my PRI dialplans, I always matched DNISes with "_x." which worked great
because it was a PRI. In my ignorance, I used the same pattern with the
E&M and couldn't understand why it took so long to get a match.

It took me a while to realize that I needed a finite length pattern like
"_xxxxxxx" so my dialplan wouldn't "stall" waiting for the digit timeout.

Maybe you have the same problem?

Thanks in advance,