[asterisk-users] Long call setup with non-PRI T1

Eldon Koyle ekoyle at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:30:14 CDT 2008

We have 2 T1's coming from our phone switch to a digium TE220B.  We have
managed to get CPN and the extension outpulsed from the switch, but call
setups are really slow.

Our T1's are set up as E&M Wink, and they send us the last 5 digits
dialed followed by the 10 digit calling party number (we couldn't get
the switch to be happy with *CPN*+5* to use featd).

We are using asterisk 1.4.19.

Watching the DTMF debugging info, it doesn't take too terribly long to
get the digits (maybe 1-1.5 seconds), but after getting the digits
asterisk waits another 3 seconds before doing anything.

In chan_zap.c, there is a 'matchdigittimeout' that is set to 3000 ms.
This appears to be more or less a constant.  Would it break anything if
I shorten this to say 500 ms?  Is there a better place to configure
this?

--
Eldon Koyle
System Administration Operations