[asterisk-users] Fax on FXS

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Jun 9 12:44:13 CDT 2008

John Morey wrote:
> actually goes out through the asterisk box in Atlanta.  Something if I
> understand it correctly like : Fax->SIP(long
> distance)->Asterisk->FXO->Customer Fax.  Would something like this work?

Not reliably,

if you have a VPN connection to the remote site (We do with our remote
sites), I have HylaFAX+ running on each site.  And, I submit remote fax
jobs and let the remote HylaFAX+ do the fax sending.  It works quite
nicely.

All of our internal faxing are handled this way.  Cuts down on the long
distance charges.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: