[asterisk-users] Fax on FXS

John Morey jbmorey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:57:11 CDT 2008

I've been thinking about something around these lines that I'd like feedback
on.  What I'd like to d,o if it works, is have a fax machine in St. Louis
connected up to my asterisk box in Atlanta via Internet/SIP so that anytime
the fax machine in St Louis sends a fax it actually goes out through the
asterisk box in Atlanta.  Something if I understand it correctly like :
Fax->SIP(long distance)->Asterisk->FXO->Customer Fax.  Would something like
this work?

Thanks for any insight,

John Morey