[asterisk-users] PoE budget

Tim Koehler digiumlist at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:18:21 CDT 2008

well, I'm from snom, I would be interested how you measured that a snom370
takes 7 Watts :), My PoE switch tells me something below 2 Watts (1,5
Standby).

As a cheap, quit alternative for Europe, Allnet our distributor has an 8
Port Switch with 4x PoE, price is something below 100 Euros. As it's fanless
it's ideal for office spaces.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Rob Hillis <rob at hillis.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Chris Bagnall wrote:
> >> have used many fsm7326p to power 24 phones or 726tp to power 12
> >> phones and they work great
> >>

> > On the Linksys side, we have a load of SRW-224P switches out in the wild
> powering 24 Snom 370s (around 7W each) off each switch.
> >

> Likewise, we sell these things by the bucket load and have no problems
> powering phones from all 24 ports.

snom technology AG

Tim Koehler
Partner Manager